Sunday, November 13, 2011

Living Large

This week has been particularly stressful. It seems like everything is due, graduation applications, Job applications and interviews, projects, papers, etc. The list goes on. I'm pretty resilient and know that I will get things done. This week however, I found that I just wanted to curl up and let the time pass by. My practice consequently has involved poses that took up space and require much more focus and centered energy. I don't know why but I keep coming back to warrior pose - it just makes me feel like "okay, lets do this!" That pose use to require so much focus and strength (I would literally shake while doing the pose). Although it is still difficult to sustain, I've noticed that my strength in that pose has increased. Triangle pose and tree pose are ones that I returned to this week. I must admit that the backward bend where you grab your ankle and roll. . . yeah. . . that one was in there just because it brings me back down. Oddly it makes me smile and places things in perspective. All those poses to me are the opposite of curling in a ball and letting life go by. Time to roll up my sleeves and dig in!

1 comment:

  1. I totally get that you would like warrior. It is a pose for our times.

    ReplyDelete